Friday, January 14, 2022

On the home front... And further afield...

 Had a lovely day out this week with Marnie and Denver at the Tasmanian Arboretum.  Marnie had been there before but neither Denver nor I had.  We enjoyed a walk, and a picnic.  Only got to see half, so we will definitely go back again...














And after our walk...
we found this table under the trees to have our picnic

On the way home, we took a little scenic detour and came across this roadside stall selling jams and preserves...

And a surprising find, on a country side road... 

 A book library...

two old 'art worked' refrigerators 

I picked out this Maeve Binchy book.  Haven't read any of her books for awhile and don't think I've ever read this one...

572 pages!  Will probably take me all year to read, but I am enjoying it so far


These were given as gifts to family and friends this Christmas...


And I managed to get 4 beanies/hats knitted for Knit 4 Charities last month...

They have been mailed off to the collection point for this particular charity, each with a little tag attached...



Not getting much time at the moment for any crafting, as the garden is keeping me busy...

apples are growing

as are the tomato plants


Raspberries and potatoes coming along


blueberries ripening

picking some raspberries (although they are just about finished now) and blueberries to add to my breakfast each morning

Cooked a chicken and vegetable stir fry recently...
I throw in some cashew nuts just before serving

And there is always bread to bake...
every couple of weeks


And made a macaroni/vegetable/tuna frittata yesterday...
left overs for lunch today

All this food talk has made me hungry, so I'm off to have my lunch!

But never forget...

"Life is not intended to be simply a round of work, no matter how interesting or important that work may be.  A moment's pause to watch the glory of sunrise or a sunset is soul satisfying, while a bird's song will set the steps to music all day long" - Laura Ingalls Wilder

xx

8 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures. Your garden looks fab. I read Firefly Summer years ago, I think it was my first or second Maeve Binchy book, I enjoyed it. Your bread looks amazing, could you post the recipe?
    Enjoy your summer,

    Bean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bean!
      Parts of my garden are looking good. I'm only showing you the good bits :)
      Will post the bread recipe this coming week. xx

      Delete
  2. Wow, that bread looks very chock full of good ingredients, but nicely risen. The arboretum looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bread is VERY substantial! I'm looking forward to visiting the arboretum in autumn for all the changing colours. xx

      Delete
  3. Yes, busy time with home grown produce - your apple tree is looking great! We just bought some fruit trees and have yet to work out just where the apple, plum and apricot trees are to be planted (we keep changing our minds lol). That bread looks good - feel like sharing the recipe? Hugs Sharm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...plenty to do in the garden, but it is HOT and SUNNY today, neither of which I like, so I am staying inside!
      Plan on getting the bread recipe up this week :) xx

      Delete
  4. Linda, you have been busy! Lovely family and photos! I am also really impressed with the roadside book library. We have them here in the U.S. also but I have yet to see one in a repurposed refrigerator. How very clever!
    I will look for your bread recipe, it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are certainly some novel ideas for the roadside book libraries!
      And I've just posted the bread recipe :) xx

      Delete