Friday, October 29, 2021

On the home front...

 Saturday we had rain for most of the day...

So I was able to get on with more of my scrappy granny blanket...


Watched Foxfire recently, and enjoyed it.  You can watch it HERE on YouTube...

and have The Railway Children from the library to watch

I'm working my way through the Children's Classics I didn't read as a child.  Have The Railway Children book to read too, and Pollyanna on order from the library (the book and DVD).  Also want to watch/read The Secret Garden.

Have these two books on the go.  The Janette Oke one I picked up at the op shop.  I read it many years ago, but am enjoying it again...

and Freedom's Star is the fifth book in the Anabaptist Heritage series


Freya continues to find life hard work...


Have been spreading the seaweed mulch I collected recently (on a trip up to Marnie) around the raspberry canes I planted at the side of the house...


My lavender is looking pretty...


Last Tuesday Marnie and I had a walk on the beach at East Devonport when I went to visit her...









And look what the postman brought this morning: Beside Still Waters ...

The first book in the Big Sky Trilogy


I don't usually read Amish fiction, but this series is based on a true story and is written by Tricia Goyer who authored the Amish Peace devotional I am using this year. Will see how it goes...

I have family arriving tomorrow for a 2 week visit.  Hope to still be able to get here for some updates, but if not, you know why...

xx

4 comments:

  1. Pollyanna and the secret garden both children's classics which i loved!! 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately finding the time to actually read them is proving difficult. xx

      Delete
  2. It's such a pleasure to read these children's books - the good ones - in between the heavier stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's nice to revisit these simpler times. xx

      Delete