Thursday, October 14, 2021

On the home front...

 Constant rain here today, so a good opportunity to catch up with a blog post...


I went up to visit Marnie yesterday.  Denver was home too, so we went and collected 3 garbage bags of seaweed for my garden.  They are sitting on my back deck, waiting for the rain to stop, so I can spread them on my garden beds.  Makes a great mulch!  And reminds me of the sea...


Unfortunately there wasn't time for a walk along the beach too.  Maybe next time...



I made a start on another scrappy granny blanket last week (when I was laid low with headaches).  I used up half of my stash of 8 ply acrylic on the previous scrappy granny, but should have enough to make another one.  Probably for Wrap with Love, which means I need 28 x 10" squares...


Made some progress this week...


And as I have quite a bit of the brown, I will incorporate it into each square...
from memory I need to do 11 or 12 rounds to get a 10" square


This morning while drinking my coffee I was browsing an old People's Friend magazine and reading an article on Romney Marsh.  They always have an interesting travel feature each week from somewhere in Britain.  Romney Marsh was an area in which Edith Nesbit lived, and where her book The Railway Children was set...



  Did you ever read it as a child (or adult)?  I don't think I ever did, but childhood was a long time ago, so maybe I just don't remember...


so I've just reserved the book and DVD from my local library.


Freya continues to keep me busy, when she's not sleeping.  This is her favourite spot at the arm of the lounge by the front window...
so she can keep an eye on the birds

But when it all gets too much for her, she slides down...
and has a little snooze

More apple blossoms are opening on my tree...
they are so pretty

And on a clear day, the river continues to delight...

My wish for you...

"Go outside, to the fields, enjoy nature and the sunshine,

go out and try to recapture happiness in yourself and in God.

Think of all the beauty that's still left in and around you,

and be happy!"

- Anne Frank

4 comments:

  1. Love your blogs LK. And photos. Very interesting re Romney Marsh too. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie stretches out her front legs like that. Freya is so darling! Your upholstery doesn't look ruined yet. :D I like your river photo above - so serene looking.
    I've been trying to get used to Windows 10, install Elements 21 and figure it out (I can't get it to work for photos, it thinks my photos are videos).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She sleeps in the most uncomfortable positions sometimes, but it doesn't seem to bother her :)
      I have Windows 10 (I think), and I don't even know what Element 21 is!?! My son Ben (the IT expert) will be visiting at the end of the month, so I will get him to give my laptop and overhaul, and have my list of questions ready for him :))

      Delete