Tuesday, October 5, 2021

On the home front...

 I have been going up to visit Marnie each Tuesday (an 80km round trip), but this week she and Denver came to me, as Denver had to have 2 of his wisdom teeth extracted at the dentist here.  So I feel like I've gained an extra day (well, two days really, because I'm usually so tired the next day that I need to use it to recover), so taking the opportunity to get a blog post on...

Spring here is often quite unsettled, and windy.  We've had it all...sun, wind, rain, sleet, cold, heat, and snow on the mountains!  The garden work is ramping up.  The weeds are growing, the grass needs mowing, so I try to spend a little time each day getting things in order.  As well as taking Freya out for a walk in the garden (on her lead and harness) and me out for my walk around the river. 

Enough chatter, lets get to the photos...

The Operation Christmas Child scarves are finished...


I got 6 made...

they have now gone with Marnie to be deliver to her church for packing


I enjoyed making them, but I'm happy to be on to another project: knitting a sleeveless pullover...

using two strands of yarn together (an 8 ply and a 5 ply) and 6.5mm needles


And on to the third book in the Anabaptist Heritage series...


Recent culinary endeavors...

a vegetable curry

And a date and walnut loaf...


Freya and I are getting our routine sorted...

she likes my baskets


and it seems I have forfeited my footstool

Spring is definitely happening here...

unfortunately, with the strong winds we've been having, most of these blossoms from trees at the river have now gone

But some of the ones on my greengage plum tree continue to hang on...


Meanwhile, back at the river...


The greening continues...


I read this in The Amish Way, and thought it might make you smile...

"Hugging is healthy.  It helps the body's immune system.  It cures depression.  It reduces stress.  It's invigorating.  It's rejuvenating.  It has no unpleasant side effects.

Hugging is all natural, organic, naturally sweet, and is 100% wholesome.  It contains no pesticides, no preservatives, no artificial ingredients.

There are no movable parts, no batteries to wear out, no periodic check ups, no insurance requirements, no monthly payments.  It is inflation-proof, non-fattening, theft-proof, non-taxable, non-polluting, and is, of course, fully returnable."


I hope you all have someone to hug.  But if not...

There is always a tree :))

xx



1 comment:

  1. Enjoyable blog indeed! And love the photos. Particularly of Freya! .

    ReplyDelete