Sunday, December 13, 2020

Out and about

 Had Marnie and Denver staying for a few days last week, and we were out and about every day.  I think I'm still recovering!!

On one of the days Marnie and I took a quick trip to the Swiss Village at Grindelwald, after visiting a friend...



In the shopping courtyard...


And the selfie...
don't blame me...Marnie made me do it!!



Remember me mentioning a new knit project in a previous post...



Using the beautiful yarn from Charlevoix Pure Laine...
which Natasha and family sent me from Quebec City when they were holidaying there 


I've been saving it for a special project, but was undecided on what to make.  I finally decided on a knitted triangular shawl.  Very basic (I like simple) in garter stitch, but the problem was, I would end up with 200 plus stitches, and so straight needles were out, and I have a long standing dislike of circular needles.

But...

You will be please to hear I overcame my dislike (because the desire to knit the shawl overruled) and I purchased some circular needles last week.  Now I need to confess...I really like them!!  I had only used the old style nylon cord ones from years ago and the nylon part (like thick fishing line) was constantly tangling and bending, and I also found my knitting got really tight using them.  But these new stainless steel ones are great!  So I am converted.  I may even try socks at some stage :))

progress on my simple garter stitch shawl


Which will go well with my new 'Little House' bonnet...
purchased from Koval Kreations


Not much work in the garden this week with all the out and abouting, but there is a major project in the works.  Might be able to tell you a bit more about it next week.


Meanwhile, got this early morning shot on my way to the river...

"The early morning hour should be dedicated to praise: do not the birds set us the example?" - Charles Spurgeon

"It is by no haphazard chance that in every age men have risen early to pray.  The first thing that marks decline in spiritual life is our relationship to the early morning." - Oswald Chambers


Have a good week!

xx


4 comments:

  1. This neutral color is so unusual for you, but I like it. A shawl is more sensible and versatile if in a neutral color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wear mostly plain, dark or neutral colours, or a combination of them. I don't mind subtle patterns, but I don't like wearing bright colours and 'flashy' patterns. Much of my crochet is 'bright', but that's because it is usually for other people or charity. xx

      Delete
  2. Love the selfie Lynda! And that wool is divine. Will be wonderful when finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...the wool is lovely to knit with. I'm back at it now, after taking a little detour to knit something for a friend :)) xx

      Delete