Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Betwixt and Between

 I like this time between Christmas and New Year.  A chance to reflect on the year past and consider the year to come.  New goals to be achieved (or not), plans, aims...

early morning mist at the river this morning

Bur before I get into that, here is a bit of a recap from Christmas Day.

It was lovely and relaxed.  Marnie, Phil and Denver came for lunch.  I cooked the turkey roast and vegies, and Marnie brought the dessert.  After our main course we went for a walk down at the river (to make room for dessert), in the Wild Wood...

a secluded bush area alongside the river, with meandering paths




Then back home for Marnie's delicious pavlova...

covered with cream, mixed berries and passionfruit 


And a photo in the garden before they left...
Me, Marnie and Denver - 3 generations :)

I've been back working on my shawl, and I've finished it!!  And love it!!  But will save a photo for next week's Yarn Along post.  Also just doing the border on a crocheted blanket that I started many months ago.  It's nice to get things finished up, so I can start something new :)

and reading book 2 (or 3 if you count the prequel) of the Red River of the North series

I 'aim' to get caught up with my emails and snail mail letters before the end of the year (and stay caught up!), so I'd better get busy...

And I've bought a chronological Bible (divided into 365 daily readings) which I 'plan' on reading through next year.



I'd also like to read some inspiring biographies.  And revisit some old classics.  Do some cross stitch.  And take up spinning again.  Work in the garden... 

(sigh!)

  I should have been a cat, then I'd have nine lives instead of one!

And speaking of cats, acquiring one is also on the list for 2021 :)

xx

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed Lauraine Snellings books so much.
    How lovely to be planning to have a cat, I do miss mine who was 18 when she died.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...I am enjoying the books too. They are my bedtime read.

      The cat has been in the planning stages for months now. I think it's about time to make it happen :) Do you think you will get another cat sometime in the future? xx

      Delete