Tuesday, December 22, 2020

It's beginning to look a bit like Christmas...



 But only ever so slightly as I don't have any decorations up, or a tree.

 But I did bake a fruit cake, which will double as my Christmas cake and Christmas pudding, depending on how I serve it...

and if it lasts that long :))

Today we have steady rain, which is good for the garden, but not good for my walk.  I'm hoping it will clear later so I can go...

this was not taken today, but on another day during the week when rain threatened, but did not eventuate


The other day when I was working in the garden, I thought how pretty the coriander/cilantro flowers were...


So I decided to press some.  I'll check them in a few weeks to see how they turn out, and if successful, I might frame them...

I put my shawl knitting on hold to knit this scarf/capelet for a friend.  It's now finished, so it's back to the shawl...

probably looks an odd shape, but it is very stretchy, so covers the shoulders while also keeping the neck warm.  I should have requested she model it for a photo :)

Lunch...

Apricot chicken



And a house I walk past each day on the way to the river...
such a pretty spot to sit 

Did you notice my new blog header photo?  

It was taken earlier this week on a beautiful calm early morning at the river.


Will leave you with these quotes (posted on my Instagram account recently) that I thought you might like to ponder...

On forgiveness:

"As I walked towards the gate that led to freedom, I knew if I didn't leave my bitterness and hatred behind, I'd still be in prison." - Nelson Mandela

"Forgiveness is not a feeling; it is an act of the will." - Selwyn Hughes

"But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses." - Jesus (Mark 11:26)


And don't forget the 'peace and goodwill' of this Christmas season.

xx

2 comments:

  1. ... And the friend would NOT have obliged with the modelling I believe :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I should have bribed said friend with home baked cake? :)) xx

      Delete