Sunday, April 26, 2020

Weekend Words


This is My Father's World - words by Maltbie D Babcock

  1. This is my Father’s world,
    And to my list’ning ears
    All nature sings, and round me rings
    The music of the spheres.
    This is my Father’s world:
    I rest me in the thought
    Of rocks and trees, of skies and seas—
    His hand the wonders wrought.


  1. Photos from Natasha - on one of their family hikes in Connecticut (USA)

  2. This is my Father’s world:
    The birds their carols raise,
    The morning light, the lily white,
    Declare their Maker’s praise.
    This is my Father’s world:
    He shines in all that’s fair;
    In the rustling grass I hear Him pass,
    He speaks to me everywhere.

  3. and this one - on a visit to snowy Vermont (USA)

  4. This is my Father’s world:
    Oh, let me ne’er forget
    That though the wrong seems oft so strong,
    God is the ruler yet.
    This is my Father’s world,
    The battle is not done:
    Jesus who died shall be satisfied,
    And earth and Heav’n be one.







If you like Sounds Like Reign, they have lots more music on their YouTube page HERE

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. It's nice that they send you lots of photos of this pretty state. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's almost as pretty as Tasmania :)) xx

      Delete
  2. Hey LK. That's one of my favourite hymns. This is my Father's World. Nice photos too.

    ReplyDelete