Monday, April 20, 2020

Last week

Lost a couple of days last week with headaches/migraines (again) so didn't get a post on.  Never fear, I'm here now :))


I took some time out to drink coffee, browse the latest Country Living mag, and bake a cake...


Here's the recipe as sent to me from my friend Debbie...


But, of course,  I changed it :)

I've made it twice, the first time I used the quantities here and sweet potato instead of potato, the second time I made double quantity and used sweet potato and pumpkin.  I also used brown sugar, but didn't double the sugar quantity the second time, just left it as 1/2 cup, and it was still plenty sweet enough for me.  I used a mix of flours (white, wholemeal, spelt, buckwheat, almond meal) and added extra spices (mixed spice, allspice, cardamom, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger).  And I used mixed dried fruits.
The size of cake tin you use will determine on how long it takes to cook.  It's very good!


I'm still working on my crocheted squares...



And reading these two...


Hayley has requested another cardigan for Hazel (I knit her a green one last winter) so the squares have been laid aside, and I've started on this sort of dusty pink/brown for her (because I had the yarn), but have ordered the pale pink Hayley wanted from Bendigo Woollen Mills and it will probably get here in a couple of weeks.  So in the meantime...
(I've actually done half the back now)


Doing a bit of redecorating in a corner of my bedroom...
because that's what you do when you can't go anywhere :)


And on Saturday my friend Vicki and I did a walk (for our daily exercise) in the Wild Woods (an area of bushland with walking tracks down near the river)…












And so you don't feel deprived, here's a couple of river shot...
taken the same day as the Wild Woods walk


It was early afternoon, and I don't normally walk that time of day...
 but the light reflecting on the water was so pretty


That's it for today!
 
xx

7 comments:

  1. Well that wS an interesting little week and lovely snaps to boot. I may just take up this blog thing... If a certain person has the time to instruct me, that is. The other person's response will predictably be.. In which lifetime??!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A certain person can instruct, but said person can't make you learn!! :))) xx

      Delete
  2. Oh, those river shots! But honestly, Lynda - do you really eat all that stuff you bake? How come you're slim? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do eat it all!! But not all at once :) I often put some in the freezer.
      I think it's because I'm quite active. I do at least one 4km fast walk a day, sometimes two. There is a lot of garden to keep up, and only me to do it. I don't sit down for long during the day, and when I do sit down of an evening, I just want to fall asleep :)) xx

      Delete
    2. But you still do all that crocheting, and reading! Maybe time is different down under.... :D

      Delete
    3. It's what happens when you wake up at 5am!! :)) xx

      Delete