Monday, November 7, 2016

Crossroads

 
These Bible verses have been on my mind lately:
 
Jeremiah 6:16 (NIV)
 
This is what the LORD says: "Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls...
 
and
 
Isaiah 30:21 (NIV)
 
Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."


Yesterday (Sunday) I attended the Mennonite Church.  It has been about 3 years since I was fellowshipping with them.  It was one of a number of reasons for moving from Stanley to Deloraine, to be able to attend church with them.  After 6 months I decided I could not fully commit to joining the church, although all the pressure to 'join' was coming from me...and not from them.

So I've been attending another church since (and have been happy there) but keeping in touch with Mennonite friends and attending some functions and celebrations with them.

It was so nice to be back with them yesterday.  I don't think my heart really ever left :).

So...here I stand at the cross roads (again!!)  But this time I don't feel the same pressure I did last time.

So I will look, ask, walk...and (hopefully) find rest for my soul.  All in God's timing...

I also just came across this interesting article and would urge you to read it.

I'm looking forward to seeing where the path leads...



Addendum

We've had the Tasmanian Craft Fair on in Deloraine over the last 4 days.  The weather has been pretty horrendous.  Gale force winds the first 3 days, and rain today...
and snow on the surrounding Tiers

 Still,  lots of people were out and about, and Marnie and I did the rounds of the 8 venues on friday.
 
Of course...I had to buy a few things...
a tote bag, a zippered purse (I will use to put my crochet hooks in), and some poster/prints to frame for the walls
 
and a linen tea towel which I will fold in half and sew into a cushion cover
 
The caravan park has been full with Craft Fair patrons...


Couldn't resist this... a VW Kombi with a camper van on the back...
don't you just love it!!!
 
Everything has really greened up after recent rain.  Here are a few shots from my river walk the other morning...
 into the green


 in the green


 river deep

 ducks asleep!


 white water



On the (late) Yarn Along front...
 still working on my 'bit of colour' lap blanket


And reading Plain Faith....
It's good!
 
Gosh...I'm exhausted!  You probably are too after all that!
 
That's what I get for going so long between posts...
 
Time for a cup of tea!
 
Care to join me??
 
:))
 
xx


 

5 comments:

  1. Enjoy the journey. Love your goodies from the craft fair the colour combo of your blankets

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Natasha! Have put the tree prints on the kitchen wall but need to get correct size frames for the other two, which will go in the lounge room.

    I'm happy with the colours of the blanket too...they are a nice fresh (not too bright) combination to work on. xx

    PS - glad you worked out how to comment on my blog :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. That white water looks scary, but you live in beautiful country.

    ReplyDelete
  4. May your feet find the right paths, Lynda, and may your life be blessed xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pen! I thought of you as I wrote this post, and the journey's we've both had over the years...

      love, and blessings to you too! xx

      Delete