Saturday, September 16, 2023

On the home front...

 

The Spring weather has been a bit unsettled, but that is typical. Sunny one day, cool and misty fog the next...

But with the warmer weather coming on, I've felt like doing some sewing.  Not that I particularly 'like' sewing, but I like the end results :)  So I had this dress, which I didn't wear much...


I cut it off just below the armholes...

Folded it over to make a casing...

Using wide bias binding, and added elastic...
and I now have a long skirt :)

Then I remembered this (cheats patchwork) fabric I'd picked up at the op shop a while ago...

Decided to make some little mats...


And I've finished 17 small scarves for the Operation Christmas Child shoe boxes...


I enjoyed knitting them, but I'm now happy to move on to something else...


Knitting beanies for the Mission to Seafarers (Victoria) as requested by Knit 4 Charities...


Almost finished the book I mentioned in my previous home post and think I will read THIS one next.  It's been on my bookshelf for a while, and Part 2 of her life has just come out, so best get this first one read...


Work on the front fence is coming along (slowly). We just have around the letter box and the gate to do...
  and I think Marnie wants to paint it

And I must get these cutting I brought from the Deloraine house, and stuck in this old bathtub in the garden, into individual pots...

"While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease."

Genesis 8:22

4 comments:

  1. Well done in finishing the scarves and I love your converted dress/skirt 🩷

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I not a seamstress, but can manage basic sewing :) xx

      Delete
  2. Such Beautiful photos again Lynda.And as per usual.. you are keeping QUITE busy too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Never enough hours in the day... :) xx

      Delete