Friday, September 16, 2022

On the home front...

Here's a bit of a recap on the last month.  Has it really been a month since my last 'home' post?!?  My, how time flies when you are having fun.  Or busy! 

Quite a bit of spring color around now...








And lambs being born over my back fence...


In the kitchen, I've been baking bread...

And a date and walnut loaf...


And rock cakes...

Finally finished this scrappy granny blanket I'd been working on...
Still a few ends (which I've discretely hidden away) to be woven in, but I'm glad to have it finished

Back to working on my squares for the Wrap with Love blanket...
13 done, 15 to go

Finished reading these recently...

And now re-reading this...
first read in 2014

Had Freya to the vet (again!) with an infected cat bite...

And when she's not getting into cat fights, she likes to sit in boxes...


Down by the river at various times over the last few weeks...







Had Marnie, Denver and Sophie (Denver's friend) here last night for dinner: spaghetti bolognaise, garlic bread, and apple pie and ice-cream for dessert.  And there are leftovers!!  So, I'm headed for the kitchen to heat some up.

I hope you are having a good, better, best, day!

xx

2 comments:

  1. What a happy thing to have lambs next door! That Freya, she's behaving like a typical tortie. I remember when we took Sweetie in, Dianne said, "She doesn't like cats!!" And our little Cindy, aka Tootsie from years ago, was always trying to eliminate Dolly. Good luck with that one, Lynda! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does seem to have calmed down slightly, but that might be as good as it gets :) xx

      Delete