Thursday, September 8, 2022

Change is in the air...

Sorry I've been so slow with general updates.  Apart from the garden work ramping up due to Spring, I've had a few changes I've been working through.  

The main one being, that I am no longer attending the Mennonite church.  To those of you who have been following my blog for a while, this will come as no surprise.  You will know I only last a couple of years with them before I have to leave. Casting no aspersions on them, it's just me :)  

I always enjoy my time with them (their church services and singing), a sort of re-grounding in the faith, but I know that I will never join.  It's their church rules and regulations I find too narrow.  Try as I might, I just feel life does not have to be that restrictive.  But if it works for you, then go for it!

I think it is a very good way to live if you can, but I don't think God expects (or even wants) us all to live like that.  It is very inclusive (if you are a member of the church), but it is also exclusive if you are not.  Unless you actually join you are always on the 'outside'. There is always an unspoken barrier between them and you.  I don't think it is intentional, but it is there, nonetheless. 

So now I'm waiting to see where God leads me, but I feel my options are not restricted by 'the church'.  When you find yourself thinking "what would the church think/say about this thought/word/action?" and not "what would God think/say?", you know there is something wrong...

Wow...more words than you've seen from me for a while!!

I'll be back... :))

xx

PS - some things never change...

still getting out for my river walks :)

6 comments:

  1. I agree with all your thoughts on this actually LK. It's not about any church in the end.. Its about our relationship with the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynda, your closing comments especially around what would God say is really enlightening so thank you for sharing and it will be interesting to see where the Lord leads x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra Ann! A time of new beginnings... xx

      Delete
  3. It’s not you, it’s them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's meet halfway, and say 'a bit of both' :)

      Delete