Friday, July 2, 2021

Winter Wonderland

I think I'm in hibernation mode.  Still getting out for my winter walks each day, but don't seem to accomplish much else.  A bit of cooking, sleeping, cleaning, sleeping, eating, sleeping, walking, sleeping...

A round of medical tests has also kept me busy, and the ever present headache days, on which I avoid the computer screen.

My slow headache days do leave room for reading, knitting and crocheting...

The Amish blanket squares that I mentioned in previous posts have been put on hold as I work on 'random grannies'. Using up leftover bits and pieces of yarn from previous projects...

love seeing how all the different colours come together


They now look like this...

and so it grows...

Borrowed some books from a lady at church and recently finished reading Faith and Flames...

 now reading House of Strangers


Have had a couple of outings, and (slightly) different scenery, but you will notice I still prefer those quiet, grey, places of solitude :)...

Rubicon River estuary at Port Sorrel


ditto

We do have blue skies sometimes...

Mersey River at Latrobe

But I prefer these...

my Meander River


And from my walk this morning...




But see...it's not all gloom and doom...


Winter colour...



And what post would be complete without a quote...

"Learn to limit yourself, to content yourself with some definite thing, and some definite work; dare to be what you are, and learn to resign with a good grace all that you are not and to believe in your own individuality." 

- Henri-Frederic Amiel


Till next time...

xx

4 comments:

  1. Due to a lot of health problems I've also reduced my activity and the "brain stress" that life can bring. Solitude and meditation on God's Word are special parts of the day. When the pain is bad, I lie in my dark bedroom and listen to Christian music...soothes my soul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry you have health problems, I hope you can get some relief soon. Yes...quietness and solitude, and time with God, is always a blessing. xx

      Delete
  2. Yes, your local river is prettier, when it's not raging. LOL I'm sorry to hear about the tests, but I hope they lead to something helpful. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been raging recently after quite a bit of rain. Love it!! :)
      I am starting to see some improvement from the herbal tincture I am taking, so hopefully there will be more good days. xx

      Delete