Friday, December 21, 2018

Home Alone - Week 8

My house guest is off on some solo travels this week, and this morning I read this quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson:
'Let us not rove; let us sit at home with the cause...
They who made England, Italy or Greece venerable in the imagination did so by sticking fast where they were.  Travelling is a fool's paradise.  The rage of travelling is a symptom of a deeper unsoundness affecting the whole intellectual action.  The intellect is vagabond and our system of education fosters restlessness.  Our minds travel when our bodies are forced to stay at home.'  

So my mind is 'travelling' while my body stays at home :)


Although getting out for my morning walk is still a daily occurrence...
storm clouds


And the local duck population is ever expanding...



Enjoyed some Sunday afternoon jazz...
even though I'm not a great jazz fan, live music is always good


I've worked out how to add the strip to my square blanket to make it rectangular...
 finished article next time


And completed the baby jumper...
except for sewing on 3 small buttons at the shoulder opening


My book I ordered from Book Depository arrived today...
 It's the sequel to BearTown which I read recently and really enjoyed.  Looking forward to starting Us Against You tonight 



Baking: Boiled Pineapple Fruit Cake, and Ginger and Macadamia Shortbread, for Christmas, and a couple of pre-Christmas luncheons coming up...



And I've discovered a new Aussie muso - Dean Lewis...
check out his videos on YouTube.  They are good!!


And that's more than enough to keep me busy :)


But wanted to add another quote I read recently:

"If at first you don't succeed...
Congratulations.  Welcome to life.  It is hard sometimes, but also mostly okay."

Hoping if it's not actually good for you at the moment, it's at least okay!


(Addendum)
And now the week is over and it's Friday again and I am off to a luncheon with the folk from my previous (Uniting) church, then I will drive in to pick up my 'house guest' who is returning from his travels.
Where did the week go!?!?

So will publish this now as I have 2 more posts waiting in line...

xx

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas. I read A Man Called Olaf by Fredrik Backman a couple of months ago, I enjoyed it, I will check out Bear Town and Us Against You.

    Bean

    ReplyDelete