Thursday, July 20, 2023

Weekend at Wynyard

 We spent last weekend in an Airbnb at Wynyard for Marnie's birthday.

When we first moved to Tasmania (from Sydney) almost 40 years ago, we lived at Wynyard for a few years, so it was a bit of a 'step back in time' to revisit places, including Boat Harbour and Sisters Beach. 

We ate out, went to the Foreshore Market, for walks along the beachfront and by the river.  Yes... there's a river there too!  The Inglis River :)

me, Marnie and Tom


Sophie and Denver


Table Cape in the distance

Boat Harbour beach

Sisters Beach boat ramp

Inglis River

Inglis River wharf

And even though it's winter, there were some lovely native flowers blooming...

Hakea laurina

Rosemary Grevillea

Callistemon/Bottlebrush

Back home now and recovering.  We had good weather for most of our time away, but it's making up for it now, with lots of rain. I'm happy to be home with my books and knitting...

on to my 12th Shoebox scarf and feeling the need for a change, but will try and do a couple more


Finished Little Town... last night and will start These Happy Golden Years, as it's the last of the Little House books I have. Then I'll have to decide what to read next.

And so that my hometown river doesn't feel left out, here's one from my walk this morning (before the rains came...)

I heard a couple of quotes recently about smiles...

"You're not dressed till you have a smile on your face."

and 

"If you see someone without a smile today, give them yours."

:))

xx

4 comments:

  1. Lovely photos from your weekend away. You might like to try getting hold of Laura's biography entitled, 'Pioneer Girl' that's if you haven't already read it. Dave bought me a copy for our wedding anniversary last year and then life and Long Covid got in the way so I'm only just beginning to read it now. You've done a fab job with all those scarves, I'm sure they will gratefully received, San x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting that you should mention "Pioneer Girl", as I have it here at the moment from the library. Not sure if I'll get much read, but I can always borrow it again. I hope you enjoy it.
      Taking a little break from the scarves and knitting a beanie. Needed a bit of a change, but I'll get back to the scarves :)
      Sending prayers for continued improvement in your health. xx

      Delete
    2. Thank you for the prayers, they are much appreciated xx

      Delete
  2. I love that area LK..Great memories and photos. Happy you all enjoyed the celebration xxoo

    ReplyDelete