Tuesday, September 7, 2021

On the home front...

 Meet my new fur baby Freya...

she's 6 months old and from the cat shelter.  She was a stray, now she lives in luxury :)

Not only does she like my kitchen chairs...

she also likes to sit by the front window so she can watch the birds in the garden

or the back mud/sun room window and watch the birds :)


And when I'm not learning to live by her new rules, there is cooking to be done...


Here's the recipe...

I used plain Greek yoghurt as I didn't have any buttermilk, and the second time I made them I used grated apple instead of carrot and added some white choc chips


Reading my way through (and enjoying)  this series based on Mennonite history...
reading book 2 - The Brickmakers

Knitting scarves for the Christmas Child Shoe boxes...

  Marnie's church are packing the shoeboxes and have asked for scarves.  I have till the end of the month to get as many as I can knitted.

Another walk with Marnie last week...














I'll leave you with this little poem I read this week...

Side by Side

When good friends walk beside us
On the trails that we must keep
Our burdens seem less heavy
And the hills are not so steep
The weary miles pass swiftly 
Taken in a joyous stride
And all the world seems brighter
When friends walk by our side.
- Author Unknown

(photo credit: Bill Coleman)

I hope you all have a friend to walk by your side...
xx

8 comments:

  1. congrats on your new roomie, a very pretty kitty.

    Bean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bean. We are settling into our new routine :) xx

      Delete
  2. Very nice my friend. And He is the best friend ever! Ps thanks for recipe too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She really does look like Sweetie! I hope you can keep her from scratching your furniture, Lynda. I’ve never heard of rice bran oil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I can too! She knows when she is doing wrong,because I use my 'stern' voice with her. But that doesn't mean she listen. Or obeys :))
      I've heard of rice bran oil, but never used it. I used olive oil. xx

      Delete
    2. She's a tortie, Lynda. I had to sound negative, but they Definitely have attitude. :D (easy for me to laugh)

      Delete
    3. She certainly knows her own mind, and delights in doing exactly what I've told her not to! :))

      Delete