Sunday, June 13, 2021

Weekend Words

 From Be Still and Know...


"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want." - Psalm 32:1

"I shall not want" means "I shall not lack" 

I shall not lack REST - "He maketh me to lie down in green pastures."

I shall not lack REFRESHMENT - "He leadeth me beside the still waters."

I shall not lack REVIVING - :He restoreth my soul."

I shall not lack GUIDANCE - "He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake."

I shall not lack COMPANIONSHIP - "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me."

I shall not lack COMFORT - "Thy rod and thy staff they comfort me."

I shall not lack SUSTENANCE - "Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies."

I shall not lack JOY - "Thou anointest my head with oil."

I shall not lack ANYTHING - "My cup runneth over."

I shall not lack ANYTHING IN THIS LIFE - "Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life."

I shall not lack ANYTHING IN ETERNITY - "and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever."

Once a little boy was taught the first sentence of Psalm 23 by his uncle.  The uncle said, "The Lord is my shepherd."  The small child repeated it.  Thinking this was as much as the boy could remember, the uncle said, "That's enough."  The little fellow repeated, "That's 'nuff."  From then on whenever asked to repeat the verse he would say, "The Lord is my shepherd - that's 'nuff."

The Lord is MY shepherd, all the days of MY LIFE.


3 comments: