Monday, January 25, 2021

A Day Out

 Had a nice day our last week with daughter Marnie.  We meet up for morning coffee at the Conservatory at Parramatta Creek...






Then on to Latrobe for a bush walk...
up Dooley's Hill (again)









And on to the Pig Island walk...










By then we were more than ready for lunch...
in the courtyard of Madam M cafe, Latrobe

It was a lovely day out :)


Finished crocheting 5 baby blankets for this month's K4C charity...

they will be mailed off on Wednesday to the newborn intensive care unit (Little Wonder) of a large Sydney hospital


Still reading (and enjoying)  A Chance to Die (the biography of Amy Carmichael, missionary to India) by Elisabeth Elliot...


Two quotes from the book I liked...

"The Christian life comes down to two simple things: trust and obedience."

"Faith does not eliminate questions.  But faith knows where to take them."


And this poem, written by Amy's mother, to her daughter on the mission field...


My Own Precious Child…


He who hath led will lead

All through the wilderness,

He who hath fed will surely feed…

He who hath heard they cry

will never close His ear,

He who hath marked thy faintest sigh

Will not forget thy tear.

He loveth always, faileth never,

So rest in Him today – forever.”

- Mrs Catherine Carmichael


And last but not least, fellow blogger Lisa was asking me if I would show a photo of my cameo broach after she posted about hers. So this is for you Lisa...

yours is much more interesting than mine :)


This past weekend has been very quiet as I was down with headaches.  Didn't even make it to church :(  It's been very hot and sunny here (not my kind of weather), but we are in for rain overnight and cooler temperatures, which will hopefully put an end to this latest bout of headaches.  I'm looking forward to getting back on track and catching up with chores.

Hope your days are as you like them...

xx

9 comments:

  1. The crochet blankets are lovely and will be much appreciated. I read a lovely book about Amy Carmichael with Pip last year, such an inspirational young woman and a real testimony in trusting God x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have read a couple of books about her, and I am enjoying this one. xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely to see something other than frost and rain, which we have here. I need some of your sunshine!
    I remember learning of Elisabeth Eliot when I was in school many years ago, and have read some of her books, such an amazing lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I could do with some of your frost and rain! :) It is hot and sunny here again today so I am staying inside.
      I've also read and enjoyed other books by Elisabeth Elliot. xx

      Delete
  3. I've got a headache today - not too bad, but spending most of my time trying to get rid of it. :) Your cameo is very pretty! It's a nice thing to own, so old fashioned, and you really don't see them much. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry about the headache Lisa. I can certainly sympathize, they are not much fun :( Hope you are better soon. xx

      Delete
  4. What a lovely outing you had! The crochet is pretty as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved that poem to Elizabeth's daughter Lynda

    ReplyDelete