Monday, November 23, 2020

Mostly garden

 A busy time in the garden the early part of last week, then a couple of slowed down days with headaches.

Here's what has been happening...

I've been working on redoing the brick edging in my front garden.  Standing the bricks on their sides (left edging) rather than as they had been - on their flat (right edging)...



And also redesigning the new bed I made recently.  You can see how big it had been by where the new grass is growing in, but I didn't want that much garden, so made it into a narrower, rectangular bed, two bricks high.  It didn't look right as the other edgings were curved, and single brick, so I re-did it, curving the edge, and making it one brick high.  Now all I need to do is plant something in it...


An unfinished project is this side garden...
overgrown garden bed, brick paving and gravel bed


I'm moving the bricks...


And hope to eventually put it all back to grass so I can just mow it...


But then I had to find somewhere to put the bricks...
in front of the woodshed


And in my spare time?!?


Two of the Christmas blankets are finished...


And the third one is well underway...



Doing some Christmas shopping...



Making tomato relish with the last of the tomatoes in the freezer...



And banana, blackberry and white choc chip muffins...



it's the prequel to the Red River of the North series, some of which I read years ago



And on my walks...
these poppies were growing under a power pole by the side of the road 


Peace and calm at the river...


The sky is looking black, and there are ominous thunder rumblings (glad I mowed the grass this morning!).  I doubt we will get much rain, but I'm hoping enough so I don't need to water the garden.

Catch'ya next time!

xx

4 comments:

  1. We loved the Lorraine Snelling series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I enjoyed what I read years ago. Not sure if I'll get through all 7 books, but I'll give it a go. I don't get much reading time at the moment, usually only read at night when I get into bed, and after a couple of pages I start to fall asleep. Then the next night I have to re-read what I read the night before because I can't remember what it was! At this rate it will take me 10 years!!! :)) xx

      Delete
  2. I was about to say What are poppies doing, growing in November? ahem - I seem to go through this every year when I read your blog. Anyway, I like what you're doing outside. Inside, too, of course. :D

    ReplyDelete