Friday, September 4, 2020

September Yarn Along (et al.)

Spring...


Although not all the days have been as blue sky and sunshiny as this.  We've also had cloud, wind and rain, but who wants a reminder about that!?!

This week has been a mixed bag.  A trip to Sheffield and Latrobe on Tuesday.  Lunch with Marnie and a walk with her past this cute little house...

Which brought to mind a quote I read recently:

"I longed to be transported into that quiet little landscape, to walk up the path, to take a key from my pocket and open the cottage door." - Alan Bradley


While in Latrobe I bought more yarn to continue working on this blanket.  I was originally only going to make a small baby blanket, so only bought one ball of each colour, but enjoyed the 'prettiness' of the colours so much, that I bought another ball of each so I can make a bigger blanket...



I have three books on the go at the moment...


During winter I re-read all the "Little House..." books, and was wondering what to read for Spring/Summer.  I had read some of the Mitford series in years past, but was reminded again recently (thanks Marilyn) of how I enjoyed them.  So have decided they will be my 'light summer read'.

But this second half of the week I've lost a day down and out with a bad headache, so taking it easy today with my Mitford book and my crochet.

And a quote from the book:

“Well, Preacher, you've took a load off my mind, and that's a fact. I've been wrestlin' with this f'r a good while, and now I'm just goin' to set it down in th' road and leave it."

"That's a good plan, Uncle Billy. God asks us not to worry about tomorrow."

"That's a hard one, Preacher."

"It sure is.  And it takes practice.  Just stick with today, is what He recommends.  Of course, it helps to stick with Him, while we're at it.”

― Jan Karon, At Home in Mitford

And here's the Yarn Along link.

xx

8 comments:

  1. I love the colours in the blanket- no wonder you want to just keep going with it. Have a great weekend, the books look interesting too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cathy! They are certainly cheery spring colours, and my books are a bit of a mixed bag at the moment. Thanks for visiting...

      I hope you have an enjoyable weekend too :) xx

      Delete
  2. Love the colors in the crochet, you always put together great color combos. I had a migraine for a couple of days this week, they are quite miserable. I read a lot of Barbara Pym this summer, now reading some Simon Brett mysteries, and have a few books on hold with the library by Marian Keyes, an Irish writer. As always your pictures are lovely.
    Enjoy the rest of your week.

    Bean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bean! I really enjoy picking the colours and seeing how they come together.

      Headaches/migraines are certainly downers. It's so frustrating to be slowed up and not able to get things done. Do you know what causes yours? Mine seem to be caused by weather changes, in particular low air pressure and strong winds. I'm glad your feeling better. Glad we are both feeling better :)

      Enjoy the days... xx

      Delete
  3. I think mine are probably hormonal, I used to suffer from them a lot, at least twice a month, and for the past four or so years I get one or two a year, and they have been pretty mild, this week was the worst one I have had in a long, long time, lots of nausea and all I wanted to do was sleep but couldn't because my head hurt LOL.
    Bean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine use to be hormonal too, but now that I don't have hormones anymore (Haha!!) they seem to be weather related. Hope you don't get another one for a VERY long time, or better still NEVER! xx

      Delete
  4. I love At Home in Mitford, definitely good, light summer reading. Your granny squares are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. I'm definitely enjoying my visits to Mitford, and my crochet :) xx

      Delete