Friday, August 14, 2020

Winter pursuits


The row of trees in the sheep paddock at the back of my house have been lopped off and I now have a nice view of the Ben Lomond mountain range from my kitchen window...
it's not this close, I zoomed in :)


I've finally got the blanket squares sewn together and can get it up off the lounge room floor.  All that colour was getting a bit much for me :)...
crocheting an edge around it now


My little foray into the world of thriller/crime books has come to an end.  I read two David Baldacci books and although I enjoyed them, I'm happy to be back to my 'calm' reads.  I picked this one off my bookshelf A Lantern in Her Hand.  I've had it for a couple of years and not read it, but it is proving to be very interesting.  Shades of the Little House books by Laura Ingalls Wilder...
I might check out the library for more of her books


We've had all sorts of weather this week.  Cold frosty nights and early mornings, and calm, clear, days...  
late afternoon by the river


Clouds and fog...
Bliss!


And the swans are back...



I'm doing come rearranging.  Moving all the books from my lounge room shelves to book shelves in my spare room.  I'll set up a little 'library corner' in there.  Although I love books, they were making my lounge room feel cluttered.  And I DO NOT like clutter.  Or too much colour :))
Maybe I'll have some photos to show you next week.

It's lunchtime and I'm getting hungry.  Chicken and cashew stir fry with rice.  But I still have to cook it!

xx

2 comments:

  1. I am with you on the clutter. I de-cluttered our home last year and have not purchased things to recreate all the clutter I got rid of, BUT books seem to be a weakness for me.
    This summer I have reread almost all books written by Barbara Pym, they are very calming. I have read a few David Balducci books over the years, and agree they are not bad at all, but a little goes a long way.

    Bean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...books and knitting yarn are my downfall.
      And I much prefer neutral colour schemes in my home, but when I need a burst of colour, I crochet a bright granny blanket (and then give it away) :)) xx

      Delete