Sunday, December 29, 2019

Weekend Words

Psalm 96:1  "Sing to the Lord a new song; sing to the Lord, all the earth."

I knew the Eva Cassidy version, but in searching on YouTube I came across this one.  Audrey is a new to me voice, and I love the images with this...




I've been considering a Bible verse to take into 2020 and decided on this one:

Psalm 51:10 "Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me."

I mostly use the NKJV.  Some other versions use the word right or resolute or faithful, rather than steadfast, but I like the word steadfast (def: resolutely or dutifully firm and unwavering). 
 That is the sort of spirit I would like to have regarding my Christian walk.

Do you have a Bible verse for 2020?

xx

5 comments:

  1. That's a nice idea - I never thought of it. I agree that steadfast is a good word. :)
    I had previously only heard that sung by Enya, and I love the way she does it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynda,
    I do hope that your family living in Australia are safe from all the fires, the situation seems horrific.
    And, happy new year, may your 2020 be most excellent.

    Bean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Bean,
      We are not getting the horrific conditions they are having on the mainland, but we do have some fires burning in the state. None close by, although today we have quite a smoke haze around.

      God's blessings to you and your family in 2020! xx

      Delete