Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Up and running.

After being stalled due to headaches the previous week, last week I was up and running again.  What have I been doing?

Garden
 

 Digging out a curry plant and trimming a couple of others


It took some digging to get the roots out.  Another one to go on the left of the photo




Cooking
 a lentil/vegie loaf


 it was supposed to be burgers, but I made it into a loaf...it was easier...and baked in oven for 20 minutes


 
here's the recipe, but it is also HERE
 
I didn't have any chives, but added a dash of cumin, tumeric, curry powder, some chopped walnuts, sunflower seeds and lots of chopped parsley!
 
 
Knit/crochet
 
Taking a break from the knitted beanies...I made 12! 
 
Remember these squares I was knitting...
 I decided to undo them


And am now crocheting smaller squares for a throw...
these are about 4 1/2" (12cms), the squares were 11" (28cms) using 2 strands of yarn together



Preserve and eat


Made more tomato relish...with the tomatoes in the freezer from last season.
 
Made blackberry/strawberry jam with last seasons frozen produce.
 
Still eating tomatoes from the garden, and apples from my tree. 
 
I got 7 very large and lovely Golden Delicious apples from the tree.  Which is quite amazing as I had chopped it down to a stump because I was going to remove it...but it grew again...and produced these yummy apples.  So I guess it can stay :))
 
Lunch time...left-over lentil loaf...
 
After rain yesterday, we are enjoying a sunny (but cold wind) day.  Good for drying the sheets...
 
Be blessed!
 
xx 

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you seem to be yourself again. So much undoing of the yarn, but the crocheted pieces are very pretty! Enjoy your home-work. :)

    ReplyDelete