Sunday, June 14, 2026

Winter is here!

 Not many leaves left on the tree now...

Yesterday it rained most of the day.  Freya knew the best place to be...

And I wasn't far away, with plenty to keep me busy...

continuing to work on hand quilting a cot quilt panel for new grandson due 21st July

My squares for the fistula blanket are coming along.  Still accompanying Marnie to various medical appointments, so I have opportunity to knit while I wait for her...

I have 26 squares done, need 4 more, then I can start sewing it together.  Yay! Not.

And I'm re-reading Penelope Wilcock's The Hawk and the Dove series 1.  I read it many years ago, but my original copies have since been passed on, so I'm gradually buying the new editions.  I have the first 6 of the 9, and I'm currently reading book 2, and enjoying it very much, perhaps even more so than the first time I read them ...

Pen's blog is HERE if you'd like to visit her.


This morning at church the sermon was on the Sabbath from Matthew 12:1-14

"Rest time is not waste time.  It is economy to gather fresh strength.  In the long run, we shall do more by sometimes doing less." 

- Charles H. Spurgeon

9 comments:

  1. Oh, it’s always good to reread the good books! Be snug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snug as a bug in a rug, or a cat on a mat, or in this case a cat on a bed. :)

      Delete
  2. As usual Lynda,lovely photos and news xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos 💚. I have all of Pen’s books 📕 and the second series is just as good as the first, every time I re read them I learn something new, they are an oasis of peace in a chaotic world. Thank you for sharing the Charles Spurgeon quote it spoke to me today xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi San! I'm glad the Spurgeon quote blessed you.
      I'm reading Book 4 (The Hardest Thing to Do) and I think it is my favorite so far.
      I still need to buy the last 3 in the first series. Hopefully before I get to the end of Book 6 :)
      As you say, they are definitely "an oasis of peace in a chaotic world". xx

      Delete