Thursday, April 25, 2024

Random snapshots from home...

 Hello! :)  

Finally, back again to give you a bit of an update. Hope all is going well with you. Every day I think I'll get a blog post to you, but then other things come up, and it doesn't happen.  Determined to get it done today because tomorrow my daughter Natasha arrives for a week, visiting from the USA.  Hopefully next home post I'll have some photos to share :)  

But for now, here are some random pics of what's been happening...

Still getting out for my morning walks most days...



And a couple of weeks ago Marnie and I did a trip to Wynyard (via Penguin) as she wanted to do a photo shoot for her Campfire Beanies...

Two pics of Penguin Beach...


Fossil Bluff, Wynyard.  Looking west, towards Table Cape...


Looking east to Wynyard township from the Fossil Bluff lookout...


A Campfire Beanie...


Marnie on the rocks :) ...

You can see her Campfire Beanies on Instagram and Etsy


An early morning sunrise from my kitchen window...

A lovely new book...

Yummy fried rice...


And the 'colorful blanket' I've been working on forever (I can only take this much color in small doses!) is finally sewn together.  Just needs an edging/border...

In between times, I rediscovered this...

Lovely yarn to work with (Patons Sierra 8ply - 20% wool/80% acrylic)

And my 'Deloraine blanket' is growing slowly...

Books on the go...

Still doing my 'Bible Word a Month'.  And just to recap... January was 'peace', February was 'joy', March was 'trust', and my word for April is 'light'.  

Here are some verses...

"Then God said, "Let there be light", and there was light.  And God saw the light, that it was good, and God divided the light from the darkness." - Genesis 1:3-4

"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path." - Psalm 119:105

"Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, "I am the light of the world.  He who follows me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life." - John 8:12

"For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord.  Walk as children of light." - Ephesians 5:8

I'll leave you with this quote I came across recently...

"A quiet secluded life in the country, with the possibility of being useful to people to whom it is easy to do good, and who are not accustomed to have it done to them; then work which one hopes may be of some use; rest, nature, books, music, love for one's neighbor - such is my idea of happiness." - Leo Tolstoy (Family Happiness)

I hope I can get back with another update sooner rather than later, but in the meantime...

Shine your light!! :)

xx

2 comments:

  1. Your fried rice looks so good!!! I am a rice lover; tonight made a loaf with brown rice, mushrooms, etc.. Very tasty.
    I'm so glad Natasha is coming - enjoy the visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always use brown rice.
      Thank you ... she is here!!

      Delete