Monday, October 30, 2023

At the beach and at home...

 I'm finally back again with a bit of an update.  Life keeps me busy, but I did manage to do two beach walks with Marnie recently.  In the morning we got to walk in sea mist/fog at one beach...




After lunch the sun came out and we walked on another beach...



Can you guess which walk was my favourite?


The crab apple tree on the nature strip outside my front door is in bloom...

It's so pretty...

And speaking of front doors...
Marnie took mine off to sand and paint

I'm knitting these little 'fish and chips' baby jumpers to be sent to PNG and Timor. Here's a link to the pattern.  They were originally being made for babies in Africa...

they are fun to knit

Reading...


And my friend Vicki came for a visit recently.  I hadn't seen her for a few months, so we had some catching up to do.  And as I don't have a lemon tree anymore, she brought me some lemons...

It's raining today, but I'll leave you with this photo from my morning walk a couple of days ago...


"He has made everything beautiful in its time.  He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.  I know that there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live.  That everyone may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all his toil - this is the gift of God.  I know that everything God does will endure forever, nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it.  God does it so that men will revere Him."

Ecclesiastes 3:11-14

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful blue skies and gorgeous walks. Those jumpers are just lovely but reading the story about why the babies are called Fish and Chips babies is very sobering 🙁. I will have to see if there is an organisation here in the Uk that coordinates the sending of items to those in need x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm more a fan of grey foggy days than sunshine :)
      If you do a google search, you should be able to find a charity in the UK that would like the baby jumpers. xx

      Delete
  2. Beautiful crab apple tree blossoms LK.
    And those baby knits are gorgeous 😍

    ReplyDelete