Tuesday, August 29, 2023

On the home front...

Had a recent trip to Devonport with Marnie.  We stopped in at the Harbourmaster's Cafe (white building on the river front) for coffee and cake... 


A lovely view of the Mersey River from the cafe, and on the other side of the river, the Spirit of Tasmania, the vehicle/passenger ferry that does an overnight crossing of Bass Strait, from Devonport to the mainland (Melbourne).  Takes about 8-10 hours, depending on weather conditions...


Been spreading mulch/wood chips from the recent tree lopping we had done...

And helping Marnie and Denver put up a new front fence...

Progress!  One side done...

All that work makes a body hungry, so made a chocolate slice for sustenance...

Finally got a little skirt made for Amy Joy...

And two little blankets crocheted for the cat shelter...

Back to knitting the scarves for the shoeboxes now...
and reading and enjoying THIS book

This morning there was light rain on my walk...


So I was glad to get back home for my coffee and a browse of some back issues of Anabaptist Voice magazine...

A godly young lady called Michaela contacted me recently about her Christian blog for women Daughters for His Glory.  If you're looking for some worthwhile and encouraging reading, there is plenty on her blog! Much food for thought, as well as lovely photos!

I'm going to visit there for a while now, as I work my way through her previous post...

Have a blessed week!

xx

also from my walk this morning

4 comments:

  1. And a blessed week to you too 💕 LK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you for the cat blankets! :) I didn't know you were 8 to 10 hours from the mainland.

    ReplyDelete