Sunday, August 14, 2022

On the home front (and a day out)...

 Had Marnie staying last weekend, so we had a day out in Launceston on the Saturday.  We had a fish and chips lunch at Seaport to fortify us for shopping...



I bought a new dress...


A new book...


And 2 balls of wool so I can sew the 35 granny squares together and finish off a blanket...


I was able to get the yellow wool for Hazel's cardigan at the wool shop in Latrobe (The Yarn Inn), and Marnie brought it with her when she came...


Back home, and I've made a start sewing the squares together...


And also on Hazel's cardigan...



Baked more bread...


And another bread and butter pudding, this time using some carrot and oat muffins from the freezer, instead of the bread...


Really enjoying the THIS book...


And picked up these two from the library this morning...

I've borrowed the Down to Earth one before, but didn't get it finished

The weather has been very up and down...

sunny one day

cloudy the next


I thought you might enjoy this little song.  From some folks I know who live in the south of the state.  I've visited them a few times over the years and its always so nice to 'step back in time' with them.  Unfortunately the volume doesn't seem to be very loud, but maybe that's what it was like 'when life was simple'...

1 comment: