Thursday, November 25, 2021

On the home front...

 Or perhaps I should say...  On the garden front...  

Summer is a comin' in, and the garden jungle is keeping me busy...

Here are some recent photos (of the least 'jungle like' areas)...

front garden


back garden


my first rose


jasmine blooming


buds and blossoms on my lemon tree


blackberry blossom


a good crop of blueberries coming on 


looks like my honeysuckle is finally going to blossom this year


baby apples


and my rhododendron is flowering

And on the family front... I've also had family visiting, from South Australia for 2 weeks...

daughter in law Hayley, granddaughter Hazel, son Ben


and when your son is here for a visit...you put him to work :)


they also caught up with daughter Marnie and grandson Denver

It was lovely to see them after two years...

but also lovely to have my quiet routine back again :))

I've not had much time for crafts or reading, but I did start the Advent readings in this book yesterday...


From the book...

Lo, in the silent night A child is born

And all is brought again That ere was lost or lorn.


Could but thy soul, O man, Become a silent night!

God would be born in thee And set all things aright.

(15th Century)

And this...

"Light your candles quietly, such candles as you possess, wherever you are."

- Alfred Delp


It's beginning to look a bit like Christmas...

xx

5 comments:

  1. Lovely readings on praise! Also great photos ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at Hazel! So big! My goodness.
    I've never seen a lemon flower - it's so pretty. Have you read that Advent book before? I have seen it here, recommended by Sarah Clarkson: https://sarahclarkson.com/thoroughly-alive/2018/12/1/sqjshcqcdehkciq6g7kr8y9fcin92f-93ns8-e4ks8 (sorry about the long link). I did buy Malcolm Guite's Waiting on the Word and look forward to opening it on Sunday. We actually had a few snowflakes tonight, without any accumulation. It's been rather cold at night and I'm not really wanting to hasten winter, but Christmas is coming rather fast. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...Hazel certainly is growing!

      I've had the Advent book for a couple of years and read random readings from it, but this is the first year I am actually working through it day my day. I am enjoying it. I particularly liked today's reading from Henri Nouwen on Waiting for God. Tomorrow's reading is by Bernard of Clairvaux on Humility. xx

      Delete
  3. How lovely to be able to look around your garden again - lots of progress there from a few years ago Lynda

    ReplyDelete