Monday, May 13, 2019

In no particular order


Here's a random roundup of the last week or so.  Let's see if I can do better in keeping up with blog posts in the future...

Found these two hiding in a box.  They are now sitting on one of the bookcases in my lounge room and enjoying the warmth from the wood heater...
part of a once much larger bear collection
(Perhaps I should name them.  Any suggestions?)


Still working on my diagonal squares...
and picked up this piece of new cotton material at the op shop recently for $2!  There is about 3 metres of fabric there, so I'm hoping to make a skirt from some of it


Collected these two from the library...
read them years ago, but they make a nice easy read so might start the first one in the series tonight


Some autumn colour in my garden...
deciduous and evergreen blueberries in the front, thornless blackberries behind, and part of my apple tree on the right of the photo


Hazel's cardigan is ready to be mailed off to her...



Finished reading this book last night.  It was very good.  Based on a true story/incident (The Northkill Massacre) involving the authors ancestors...
need to get back to working on my crocheted blanket

If you go HERE, there is info about the book and also an interview with the author which I found interesting (unfortunately there are a few ads on the site).  And you can read an excerpt HERE.
I have ordered the next two books in the series.
If you are interested in the Amish, Amish America is a good site.   There are the annoying ads that you need to try and ignore, but lots of good info and articles.



Friend Vicki, grandson Denver and I did the Alum Cliffs walk last week...
a short easy walk


Denver 'chilling' at the lookout...


The view from the lookout...
the Mersey River in the valley



Denver picked these pretty flowers from his garden for me...
for Nanna's Day :)


It's cold, mostly grey (with a touch of sunshine), windy and an occasional shower (typical late autumn weather), so it will be an inside day today.  I'm hoping to get some emails and letter writing done, along with reading, knitting, crocheting...

I came across this quote recently and totally agree with it...

Letter writing is the only device for combining solitude with good company.
- George Gordon Byron (1788-1824)


So I'm off to enjoy some solitude, with a touch of good company!

xx


2 comments:

  1. Such pretty flowers! Very thoughtful. For the bears - Fliff and Fluff? I don't know why that came into my mind. :D (Fluff would be the one on the right)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Interesting names :)

      Another friend suggested Tawny on the left and Sienna on the right (she's a painter, hence the paint/colour names).
      I actually think I had named the one on the right many years ago. He was given to me by Marnie and Denver and I think I named him Byron. The one on the left was an op shop find and I don't remember ever giving him a name. Something for me to think about... xx

      Delete