Thursday, December 1, 2016

red and green and in between


I was debating whether to put up my christmas tree.  Not a real live one unfortunately, when I came across my little Royal Albert angel and decided she needed a tree to keep her company, so tomorrow it's 'putting up tree day'...
 she has a little music box in her that plays 'Oh Tannenbaum'


On the Yarn Along front, I've finished the cream/yellow/blue baby blanket I was working on, and have now started a smaller one in cream/yellow/pink granny squares.  I like to have a few made up to give as gifts as and when needed...


Finished reading Emma and really enjoyed it.  Now reading the abridged version of the true story from the movie Hacksaw Ridge...


And for a bit of green to go with my red (roses), the river the other morning...
 
 

"Christmas was coming.
 
The little log house was almost buried in snow. Great drifts were banked against the walls and windows, and in the morning when Pa onened the door, there was a wall of snow as high as Laura's head.  Pa took the shovel and shovelled it away, and then he shovelled a path to the barn, where the horses and cows where snug and warm in their stalls."
 
(from Little House in the Big Woods - Laura Ingalls Wilder)
 
xx




No comments:

Post a Comment