Thursday, February 4, 2016

Wild Weather

After a week of smoke from the bushfires, we finally got some very heavy rain...and thunder...and lightning... and hail...



And in a day, the river went from this...

To this...


It is now hot and sunny again...  Only in Tasmania!!!


On the makings front...  remember this blanket I undid...


And separated the pink/mauve colours...
 (I'm not really a pink person, but will probably use these to make a baby blanket as a gift)

From the blue/green/purples...


I've crocheted 36 squares and edged them in purple...
 (now these are more my colours...)


I am now doing 2 rows of a light brown tweed yarn around each square (to make them a bit bigger).  I was going to do one row of the light brown and one of a dark brown (as they were the only colours I had enough of), but decided the dark brown was too much of a contrast and I wanted to keep it softer looking.  Hopefully by next post it will be finished...


Reading... another Heather Lende book, and browsing the latest Australian Country Style mag...

Listening... to a new discovery...Travis.  Very easy listening (shades of Neil Young on some of the tracks).  So easy...that I've been listening to it all week...
 (Hopefully the link - if you scroll down - will allow you to listen to the songs.  My favourites are No 1 - Sing, and No 10 - Afterglow...enjoy!)

And here's a shot from an afternoon walk recently.  We've had some amazing skies and I've taken lots of cloud shots, but will save them for another day :))



Linking in with Ginny for Yarn Along.
 
Have a good week!!
 
xx

2 comments:

  1. You have such beautiful countryside. I hope that river subsides soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa! Yes...river is back to its usual flowing self :) xx

      Delete