Sunday, November 15, 2015

A for apples, B for books, C for crochet


Made this yummy apple cake/slice the other day...
 
I changed the original recipe a bit, so here is my version (with notes)...
 
Easy Apple Cake
 
 
175g (6oz) self-raising flour
175g (6oz) melted butter
175g (6oz) castor sugar
3 beaten eggs
2 peeled and chopped apples
1 tsp cinnamon
grated rind 1 lemon
60g (2oz) sultanas
 
Add melted butter to flour and sugar. Add eggs gradually and beat well. Stir in apples, cinnamon, lemon rind and sultanas.
Bake at 180'C for 40 minutes or until cooked.
Dust with icing sugar to serve.
 
My notes: I replaced some of the flour with almond and hazelnut meal, and some of the castor sugar with brown sugar.
I also replaced some of the cinnamon with mixed spice and cardamom, and some of the sultanas with currants.
Enjoy!
 


Recently finished reading another two by Anne Lamott...
 I can so relate to her writings!


And this one from the library...
Beautiful book!
 

Picked up these from the library yesterday...
where to start??
 
 
 The blanket is finished...



And remember these strips I was knitting?


They now look like this...
 I know...I know...  You'd think I had nothing better to do!!!


But I'm just not in knitting mode...
So they are now starting to look like this :))
 
 
Joining Ginny at Yarn Along!
 
xx
 


 
 

4 comments:

  1. I think it must be due to winter coming to an end - I'm finding it hard to pick up the knitting needles, but no problem with the crochet hook!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharm! I'm into the granny squares at the moment :)) Enjoying working with the bright colours!! xx

      Delete