Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Spring has sprung!

It's spring here in Tasmania!

Monday (1st) we had rain, but the last 2 days have been beautiful, sunny and warm.  The trees are blossoming and the daffodils are blooming... but I'm going to leave my fog picture on my blog for a while longer :)

Denver had to wear a costume to school today for Book Week.  It was a garden theme so he went as a scarecrow...



I've sewn together (and crocheted around the edge) one cot blanket for KOGO from the strips the knitting ladies brought in to our last get together.  I have enough strips for two more...


Also have 22 x 10 inch squares crocheted.  I need 28 for a blanket for Wrap with Love...


And my friend Debbie sent me 27 x 10 inch squares she crocheted before she left for India a few days ago.  She will be living there for 6 months, so if you have a fascination with India, colour, noise, heat, people...check out her BLOG....

We have been friends for nearly 30 years and met through our daughters becoming friends at school.  We are both very different as you will see if you visit her blog.  She is very much a people person (I'm not), she loves the noise and colour and the crowdedness of India (I would hate it!), but we are the best of friends :))
 
 
 
 
Finished reading THIS.  Really enjoyed it!


Have started THIS and I know I'm going to enjoy it too.  It is the first of six autobiographical books by Knausgaard.  I'm in my Scandinavian season and seem to be particularly drawn to Norwegian writers :))  
 
 
 
 But also have to read THIS for the Book Group I've joined.  I read it a few years ago, but because I can't really remember much about it until the re-reading jogs my memory, I guess I'll have to read it again.  It's a good book, but not really the sort I'm into at the moment...


So...there you have it!  A bit of a catch up.  I fear I've been busy with other pursuits and have neglected my lovely new car.  Perhaps we will go for a drive together on the weekend.  Along with Jason Mraz :)))

Make the most of your day!
xx 

2 comments:

  1. You read some very interesting-sounding books, Lynda. I'll try to remember the goat story, as I really like people's experiences of farm life, etc. I'm glad spring is springing up where you are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa - I think I'll give the goat book a miss. As I've read more it's all coming back to me. It is funny (but at times also a bit silly), and I'm more into 'deep and meaningful' at the moment.

      It's set in Tasmania, so you might enjoy it.

      Another beautiful spring day here in Tassie :)) xx

      Delete