Sunday, November 24, 2013

Sunday afternoon with Clive...


...Clive Staples Lewis that is!

On my way home from church I stopped in at the Alpaca Shop and bought a new pair of knitting needles.  Takumi bamboo needles are my favourites.  They are a bit more expensive than other knitting needles but lovely to knit with. 

I'm reading C S Lewis 'Surprised by Joy' at the moment from my boxed set.  This is the autobiography of his early life.  Have only just started it so will see how it goes.

So I thought I'd spend the afternoon knitting (with my new needles) more blanket squares (in 8 ply wool yarn) for charity....




...while watching Shadowlands.

It's the true story of C S Lewis and Joy Gresham.  A bit of a tear jerker, but I really enjoyed seeing it again. 

And I must say I'm a bit partial to Anthony Hopkins :)


2 comments:

  1. Hi Lynda,
    Shadowlands is one of my favorite movies, it is a tear jerker, but such a lovely movie, and better yet is is about real people.
    BBC4 raido, you can listen on line, did a bunch of productions on CS last week, a radio play of Shadowlands, and a reading of his autobiography I think, anyway it was about his childhood in Ireland and was interesting to listen to. I believe this week they are doing a dramatization of the Screwtape Letters.
    I too like knitting with bamboo needles, they just rub well together and the yarn moves easily on them. My mom purchased an entire set of bamboo needles for me for Christmas several years ago.
    I need to read more CS Lewis, I have a copy of Mere Christianity but have yet to read it.

    Blessings to you,

    Bean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bean - lovely to hear from you :)

      I think I maybe owe you a letter...so sorry...will try and get to it before Christmas. Been getting lots of headaches which has slowed me down quite a bit.

      I am reading Surprised by Joy now, which is the autobiography of his early life in Ireland and England (for school). You need to concentrate when reading his writings or you can miss so much.

      I'm keen to read the Screwtape Letters next.

      And I also want to read the Narnia series. I never did read any CS Lewis as child so I'm looking forward to seeing what I missed.

      Blessings on your day! Lynda xx

      Delete