Thursday, March 14, 2013

Books

 
I've just finished reading this very interesting book.  I have not read any of Brennan's previous books, and this is his latest (and last)...the story of his life.   I read it in 2 days...it was a powerful read...sad, but very good!
 
 
 




And this is my day time' dip in' book I am re-reading.  It was in one of my (many) boxes of books from the storage unit.  Nice short chapters that I can dip into when I stop for a cuppa or lunch...




And this one is my night time read (when I get into bed).  I have read some of this series years ago, but decided I'd start at the beginning this time and (maybe) read through the whole series...I think there are 9 or 10 books.  I'm off to a good start with this one....




What are you reading?

4 comments:

  1. I love the Mitford series. I find them to be cosy, feel-good books with lots of biblical truths in them. The books by Miss Read are very good as well, as are books by Wendell Berry. I joined a book club last year and I've found that one of the best things about it is that my scope of reading has expanded quite a lot. However, there was one book that I chose not to read because I felt that the content wouldn't be in line with my Christian beliefs.
    My all-time favourite book is 'Medieval Woman' by Ann Baer. This is because I really enjoy reading about social history and the author has provided lots of factual information in a fictional book.
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kay - I am really enjoying the Mitford series this time around.

      And I have read many of the Miss Read books and really enjoy them also.

      I did have a go at Wendell Berry a couple of years ago. Maybe I need to try him again.

      Have not heard of the book by Ann Baer, but I will check it out.

      Thanks for your recommendations. xx

      Delete
  2. I am reading a history book! The Short History of England - my sister sent it to me for my birthday. I am enjoying the book, I just read all about William the Conquerer and the Norman invasion, I was surprised how much of the information was buried in my head from history lessons in primary school!!! As a Brit, now living in US, I am finding it fascinating to read the history of the land of my birth. In fact, I really feel a yearning to learn so much more, this book is a spring board for further study of English history :)

    Bean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bean - for some reason I have an affinity with Scotland, even though I don't think I have any Scottish ancestors. (My first husband was Scottish...does that count?!?)

      I don't think I could read a whole book about it though, although I enjoy the stories in the People's Friend magazine I buy on the history of Scotland (and Britain).

      I still hope to get to visit there again one day. xx

      Delete