Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sunday Hymn - Take My Life....

Here is another one of my favourite hymns:

Take my life, and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
Take my moments and my days;
Let them flow in ceaseless praise.

Take my hands, and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet, and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee.

Take my voice, and let me sing,
Always, only, for my King.
Take my lips, and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee.

Take my silver and my gold;
Not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect, and use
Every power as Thou shalt choose.

Take my will, and make it Thine;
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is Thine own;
It shall be Thy royal throne.

Take my love; my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure-store.
Take myself, and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee. 
And if you would like to read more about the writer of the hymn, Frances Ridley Havergal, you can go here.

6 comments:

  1. Blessings!
    I didn't know you were blogging here. So glad I found you! Now we can keep up with each other more often :)

    God be with thee!
    Sister Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sister Lori - glad you found me :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did indeed and I am now following you :) I am loving your crochet projects...it's inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sister Lori - just about to put up a picture of my latest finished project :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. F.Y.I - She wrote her first hymn at age 7. Just a bit of trivia for you! ~ Marnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for that facinating fact Marnie...I didn't know that! xx

    ReplyDelete