Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Keeping busy


Watching the clouds floating by outside my kitchen window today as I was eating lunch...


My load of firewood was delivered on Monday...

I've been stacking it over the last 2 days...
 all safely under cover in the woodshed now


 A change of plans today when a trip was cancelled, so I got to put in some time in the garden...
 the greengage plum tree is all bare now

And I've been putting a row of bricks at the base of my side fence where there was a gap...
my jasmine is finally starting to climb, and I still need to plant out my pots of English lavender and sage



Last Friday one of my pen pals (Darrell) from the US was in Burnie on an Aussie Cities Cruise, so I drove up to meet him and brought him back to Deloraine to show him around town...
I drove 400kms that day!!


He kindly brought me some of his painted wooden projects as gifts...
working on where to put them, but have decided what I will use the little yellow box for (stay tuned...)


And an update on the newest grandbaby...
Jaya...one week old now and sleeping peacefully


And some brotherly bonding...
 Rafe (4) loving his baby brother 


Finally finished off the 3rd baby jumper...
These are all packaged up now to go to KOGO


Picked up this Maeve Binchy book I had reserved from the library today and looking forward to some light reading...
crocheting another lap blanket and listening to some relaxing music


It's very dry here, and the river is quite low, but it doesn't seem to be worrying the ducks...


And on that note, I will take my leave, make a cup of tea, and start my latest read...and probably fall asleep :))

xx


2 comments: