Thursday, May 29, 2014

Yarn Along

Joining Ginny again this week.

As mentioned in my previous post I'm reading Jojo Moyes The One Plus One.  It's very good.

Knitting a scarf in beautiful Jo Sharp Silkroad Aran Tweed (one of my favourite yarns) in the tartan. 

After trying a few patterns I've decided on a basket weave.

I'm using 5mm needles and 36 stitches.  The yarn is a 10 ply.  The scarf is about 8 1/2 inches wide.

Doing 4 rows of knit 4, purl 4, then switching to 4 rows of  purl 4, knit 4.  Very simple.


 
Have an outlet at The Alpaca Centre in town to sell some of my crocheted items so taking them in to the shop today.

 
 
I'll leave you with a C S Lewis quote from the book that I'm hoping to start next...
 
"All that we call human history...is the long terrible story of man trying to find something other than God which will make him happy."
 
Enjoy your day!
    
 

2 comments:

  1. I love the arran tweed yarn, a stunning colour blend. Good luck with selling your crochet items.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The yarn is lovely and soft to knit with, but I only have 3 balls and it doesn't seem to be going very far.

      Thankyou for your good wishes on selling my handwork.

      Delete