Thursday, May 8, 2014

Yarn Along

Joining Ginny again this week for yarn along.

Finished the back (or front...they're both the same) of the top I started last week...


And my beautiful Debbie Bliss Winter Garden yarn arrived that I ordered from Julie's Little Woollie Makes Yarn Store.  I bought one of each colour she had, and I'm not sure what I'll make with it...
 
I thought perhaps I would just crochet solid colour granny squares and sew into a blanket, then I saw this jacket pattern, which got me thinking...
I wouldn't make it as big...and probably just do the standard granny square pattern (either solid colour or multi coloured)...
 
I'm itching to get started working with the yarn...
 
 
Finished reading Restless (really enjoyed it), now reading My Sisters The Saints (and really enjoying this one too)...

 
 
 
Also listening to Sissel and her beautiful voice on CD.
 
How is your week going?

12 comments:

  1. Such beautiful yarn, the colours are divine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mama!!

      Do you have a name? I feel strange calling you Mama :)

      Yes...I love the colours too and have started crocheting squares!

      Delete
  2. Hello Lynda :) The yarn is just luscious and the jacket you shared will look just right with all those colors you chose. The sweater you are knitting is just the kind that will go with everything :) mari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mari :)

      Definitely knit/crochet weather here. We are in late autumn, but it feels like winter already. Just ordered a load of firewood. Can't wait for it to arrive so I can sit by the wood heater and craft away!

      Delete
  3. I loved My Sisters the Saints!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary!

      I'm really enjoying the book. I'm not Catholic, but am enjoying reading about the Catholic faith and the history of the Saints.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It is lovely, but I have to confess, being a mixture of fibres - 30% wool, 30% llama, 20% silk, 20% linen - it doesn't have the stretch/give that you get with 100% wool, so I am perhaps not enjoying working with it as much as I had hoped.

      Delete
  5. Ah, Sissel! Amazing, clear voice! You are a fast knitter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa!

      I love her voice! I have one of her cd's from the library, and have just purchased 2 from Amazon US as I couldn't find anywhere here in OZ that I could buy her cd's. Can't wait for them to arrive!

      Double 8 ply and 6.5mm needles = fast knitting :)

      Delete
    2. This book sounds interesting. It reminds me of another book by Carol Flinders (who co-wrote Laurel's Kitchen) years ago called Enduring Grace.

      Delete
    3. Yes...it's really good. I'll be sorry to finish it. The books by Carol Flinders look interesting (just checked them out on Amazon). I'm tempted to buy. Can get them here in Oz. They have Enduring Grace and Enduring Lives.

      Delete