Monday, December 24, 2018

The Christmas Post

Another year almost over. 

It's had its ups and downs, but mostly ups.  I hope your year has been good for you.  If you've been reading my blog over the past year, you'll have kept up with most of my doings, and I thank you for taking the time to read and comment. 
If you do read, but have not commented before, do say hello, as it's always nice to get some feedback.  I know Blogger makes it difficult to be able to comment sometimes (Hey Natasha!), but if you'd like to say something, you can always email me direct (lyndahkay@hotmail.com).  
I've 'met' some really nice people via my blog.  And I also have blogger friends who's blogs I enjoy reading and commenting on regularly.  I don't do Facebook or other social media, but I do like my little Blogger community, and I hope you'll come back and read in 2019!

Enough chatter from me.  Here are some family photos.  It's Christmas, so you have to indulge me :))


In Connecticut, USA (although this was taken on their way to, or in, Quebec City, Canada, where they are spending Christmas/New Year)...
back - Patrick, Natasha and Dylan
front - Zak and Oli


In Canberra, ACT...
Jefferson, Anushka, Rafe


In Deloraine, TAS...
Marnie, Phil, Denver


In Robina, Queensland...
Ben, Hazel, Hayley


In case you are wondering, Natasha, Jefferson, Marnie and Ben are 'mine' :))

And because I'm usually behind the camera and not in front of it, and also hate having my photo taken, no pics of me.  But if I get one over the holiday break that meets my critical appraisal, I will post it for you...but don't hold your breath!! :))



From Stillmeadow Sampler by Gladys Taber

We always think of Christmas as a time of icicles hanging from the old well and snow over the valley. But I had a friend who was newly married and went to live in the tropics. She felt sorry for herself as Christmas drew near…

And it came to her suddenly that Christmas was not a place, nor was it weather, it was a state of mind. After all she thought, Christ was not born in the north, He was born in a stable in Bethlehem. And so she got a small palm tree and put flowers on the flat leaves, and was gay and merry. It was, she said, one of the best Christmases ever…

It is certainly true that Christmas is only seasonal in the heart. The snow may be clean and deep outside, or you may be in a dingy city apartment or you may be in a steaming tropical country. But it is still Christmas. Whether you serve the plump crispy turkey, or something exotic wrapped in pandanus leaves, the feeling of Christmas is there. It is in the mind and in the heart. The faith we have in the good rises like a tide and wherever we are, we feel it.

Christmas graces any board and gives a new lift to our life, and as we hear once more the familiar carols, we thank God for the birth of His Son.

O little town of Bethlehem, how still we see thee lie-
Above thy dark and dreamless streets the silent stars go by.”


I hope Christmas is 'merry and bright' for you, but if you're feeling lonely, reach out to others...it does wonders to lift the spirit!


"The Lord bless you and keep you;
The Lord make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The Lord lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace"

Numbers 6:24-26 (NKJV)

Thanks for reading...

xx

2 comments:

  1. Copying and pasting this emailed comment from Natasha, as she still doesn't seem to be able to comment direct...

    "Since it’s Christmas I thought I’d try again, great post Mum, love that it’s about the spirit of Christmas no matter where you are or what the circumstances it’s a state of mind and although we usually have a lot of
    traveling Christmas we still try to make it special. Thinking of all our family near and far and feel very blessed to be part of this amazing bunch."


    Thanks Natasha :) You all turned out pretty good...considering you have me for a mother :))) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas, Lynda! You've got some Gladys Taber - great! :) You've got family all over the place. Little Hazel is looking cute as ever.

    ReplyDelete