Friday, September 21, 2018

Spring arrived today...

I've been slowed down this week with headaches, but all is good now.  This morning I walked mid morning (rather than early morning), to savour the spring weather and sunshine...








On the home front...

I rediscovered my English piecing in the cupboard when I was looking for something quiet to do.  Actually I knew it was there, but I was conveniently ignoring it because I'd started it about 8 years ago and felt guilty I hadn't finished it yet...


It was a fabric swap with a group of ladies that Sharm organised...

Still not sure what I will make with it, but maybe I'll get it finished into 'something' this summer.


And there is always work to do in the garden...
the mint patch


the weed patch (one of many...)

A trip to the library…
 most of which usually get returned unread, but I think I might start the Maude Julien one as it looks interesting


Cook dinner...
apricot chicken and rice with broccoli and zucchini


And then, of an evening, I get to knit and read...

Still working on my cardigan.  Back done and one sleeve almost finished.

I've also just finished reading this Billy Graham book.  I really enjoyed it! 


And these words towards the end of the book, by Calvin Thielman (the Graham's pastor in Montreat)  "the older you get, the more like yourself you become."

Do I like the person I am becoming?  Do you like the person you are becoming?

Food for thought...

Well...there ya go...all caught up :))

Till next time!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment