Thursday, August 30, 2018

Out and about

Last Sunday morning Marnie, Denver and I tried a new church.  The aptly named Church in the Paddock...


Because it is...

At Caveside, about a 1/2 hour drive from Deloraine (or 15 minutes when Marnie is driving), through some pretty countryside...

see the faint rainbow?




Some interested locals across the road...



And then it was back to Deloraine for an afternoon of live music organised by the Jazz Club...

So...that was Sunday!


Tuesday was an early start to go to Forth for Marnie's appointment at The Purple House...

I either wait in the car (with my book and knitting), or wander in their beautiful garden...


We then ventured further afield to the seaside town of Pengiun...


Where we had lunch and got our 'sea fix'...

And here the journey ends...for now!

Except to say, if you'd like to see more of my photos, I'm on Instagram and you are welcome to take a look and/or follow.

Hope the music is playing and the sun is shining...wherever you are!!

xx

4 comments:

  1. Everything looks lovely and sparkling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed! Spring is on the way, although it is raining today, but we need that too, as well as the sunshine :) xx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes...I/we did! I knew some of the folk from when I was attending the Uniting church before it closed down (due to lack of numbers). Some from there went to the Caveside church, I (after 6 months back with the Mennonites) went to the Anglican church.

      But I was never really happy at the Anglican church, apart from the good sermons by the minister, the rest of the structured service I found a bit 'dead' (for want of a better word).

      The Caveside church is probably similar to a Baptist church. This one is only small (about 20 - 25 people), but I enjoyed the sermon (had heard the minister and his wife speak previously at the Uniting church), and the music/singing, and the more heartfelt prayers.

      So hopefully we will be back there on Sunday :) xx

      Delete