Thursday, June 25, 2020

Rainy Day Thursday

It is winter, so I suppose a few rainy days is to be expected.  But I'm still getting out for my walk each day.

This morning at the river...


Even in winter my lavender is looking pretty...


And this rose I passed on my walk is enjoying a drink...
 
 
Some days are blue skies...


And sunshine on my path...
 
 
Other days are fog on my path...
 
 
Even though I've been doing the same walk for years, it never gets boring...



And then on the really raining days, I get to stay inside, and because it's too wet, I don't have to feel guilty about the work that needs doing in the garden :)


The back and half a sleeve done on Hazel's  pink cardigan...


 I decided I need another beanie.  I wear one pretty much all the time during the cold of winter, even in the house...


Only took a couple of hours to knit...
super quick with big needles and yarn used double



Recently finished reading these two.  Both very good...
The crocheted blanket in the background is another one I've started using more of the Patons Sierra yarn (like the pink one I finished recently), but this has a brown base colour.  I'll show you more next post


Our libraries have opened up completely now, so you can go in and browse the shelves.  I have these two to get through and take back...
Then I'll have re-read all the Little House books!



All that walking, knitting and reading makes a body hungry, so I've also been baking.  Made a vegetarian loaf...

I can't remember exactly what I put in it, because I made it last week.  I didn't have a recipe, just worked with what I had.  But it went something like this:  cooked and mashed potato, sweet potato, pumpkin and carrot.  Sauted chopped onion, garlic and capsicum (bell pepper) in a little olive oil.  Added cooked beans (can't remember what type, I cook up pots of various types and then put them in zip lock bags in the freezer for future use), peas, corn, sourdough bread crumbs, walnuts, pumpkin and sunflower seeds, currants, 2 eggs (to hold it all together), salt, pepper, cumin, turmeric, curry powder, home made tomato relish.  Mix all together, put in a loaf tin, and bake in a moderate oven for half (?) an hour.

Makes a nice loaf and I sliced some and put in the freezer.  I had the last piece for lunch today...



This carrot cake slice recipe from Marnie.  With seriously addictive cream cheese frosting...
The original recipe is HERE
(but I only used 1/2 a cup of sugar, and substituted some of the white flour with whole wheat, spelt and almond meal.  And added some lemon juice instead of vanilla to the frosting)
 
And more Anzac biscuits...
just as well I do a lot of walking!!
 
 
The vest I knitted for Rafe arrived, and Anushka sent me a photo of him sporting his new attire...
 
 
 
And I couldn't resist this one Hayley sent me of Ben and Hazel...
father and daughter, out for a stroll :)
 
Seems walking runs in the family!!
 
xx

7 comments:

  1. Great blog LK! Wow you are clever with your hands.. Am jealous. Recipes look good too. Let's know if you receive this response as I now see another comment box has "appeared"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got it VG!! You're learning fast. Well...maybe not that fast :)) xx

      Delete
  2. ��.. And I LOVE the photo of dad and daughter walking,!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the pictures of the children are so cute! Rafe looks happy in his vest; love his curls. :) Looks like your river is still raging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...the river continues to rage :) Especially after the heavy rain we had overnight. xx

      Delete
  4. Natasha (for some reason her comments don't come through) said:

    "I love the variety of this post...nature, literature, hobby's, food and family."

    ReplyDelete