Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Further afield

Yesterday I took a drive up to Latrobe (40km away) and did a walk with Marnie and Denver...


 
A local...



More locals...
Denver and Marnie

 

Part of the track has been planted with Australian native plants...







And part was just natural bush...







And there is a river there too...
the Mersey River


I managed to pick up two more of these at the plant nursery for my side garden...


Almost finished knitting Rafe's vest, still working on my crocheted blanket...
and onto the last of the Little House books I have
 
 
We are in for  -1C overnight!  I've closed up the house, lit the wood heater, and am hunkering down for the night...
FYI - to clean the glass in your wood heater = wet newspaper or paper towel and some of the ash from the fire box.  Works a treat!

 
Stay warm (or cool) and safe.
 
xx
 

5 comments:

  1. Love your copy of These Happy Golden Years - that is the Little House set I had in childhood. I wish I still had it.
    That is how I clean the wood heater glass too. It is so lovely to look at when the glass is clean!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've picked most of my Little House books up at op shops. There are a couple I still don't have. Unfortunately you don't find them in the op shops very often these days.

      And I read the glass cleaning tip in an issue of Grass Roots magazine :) xx

      Delete
  2. Stay warm, Lynda! Do you have plans for the helichrysum? I've seen oil from that plant in several facial oil ingredients lists - it almost seems like a wonder plant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't really heard much about the plant, I just liked the silvery foliage. I'd bought one about 6 months ago to plant in a shady spot of the garden and it did really well, so had been looking for more to put in since then. I also took some cuttings in the hope that they will grow too. xx

      Delete
    2. It definitely has a nice shape - I had never seen it. :)

      Delete