Monday, June 8, 2020

June Yarn Along

It's Yarn Along time again!

I've finished the lap blanket I was crocheting...
 and don't tell anyone, but I've bought more of this yarn (because I enjoyed working with it so much), in a different colour combination, to make another one :)


Here's granddaughter Hazel in the cardigan I recently knitted for her...
she also wants a pale pink one :)


And grandson Jaya in the vest I knitted for him...
and now I'm working on one for his brother Rafe

 
And daughter Marnie made herself some leg warmers...


Seems they are 'flavour of the month' at the moment :)…



And in my 'spare' time, I'm onto the last of the Little House books I have here, and enjoying the latest Above Rubies magazine that arrived last week...


The good news is our local library re-opens tomorrow.  Only for 'click and collect', which means you can reserve books from the online catalogue and they send you an email when your books are ready to collect.  Still no browsing the library shelves yet. 


And here's a quote I read this morning in Those Happy Golden Years (from the chapter School Days End):
As Laura went down the stairs she thought : 'The last time always seems sad, but it isn't really.  The end of one thing is only the beginning of another.'

Here's to new beginnings!
xx

12 comments:

  1. Thank you for sending birthday wishes :-) I love all of the yarn projects especially the colours on the blanket. The lady who commissioned me for the bunting has now asked for a cot blanket so I've had fun finding a trio of colours for a Granny Stripe blanket. I always used to identify solely as a knitter but having discovered crochet I am very grateful of its therapeutic effects during this time of uncertainty. We have all the Little House books they are a comfort and inspiration to read. Happy Monday to you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to have a crochet and a knit project on the go. I mostly knit in plain, neutral type colours, so it's nice to be able to change to some bright colourfuls for my crochet. And it's fun choosing the colours and seeing how they come together in the project.

      Yes, I've really enjoyed reading through the Little House books... xx

      Delete
  2. Wow! Your hands have been busy. I bet your family loves their handknit gifts. Seeing you work through the Little House books makes me want to reread them too! Maybe this fall I will do that.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With the winter here, I am getting a reprieve from garden work, so a bit more time for my crafts :)

      There are two of the Little House books I don't have, but as our library has just reopened, I am going to see if I can reserve them from there. xx

      Delete
  3. Such a good thought - the end of one thing is just the beginning of another. We all know this, but it's another thing to put it into words and keep it in mind. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I'm finding a lot of 'words of wisdom' in the Little House books. xx

      Delete
  4. Oh goodness! All that stitching! I love, love, love the blanket. How beautiful. And the knits for the kids. And your daughter's leg warmers! Oh my. And you reminded me that I should have included my magazine reads in my post. Oh well, next time. Our libraries are just opening back up for 'curbside' service only.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words Kristen.

      It's been raining all day here, so definitely knit and read weather.
      I've reserved 8 books from the library (they only have a partial online catalogue available at this stage) and am patiently waiting for them to arrive. xx

      Delete
  5. The blanket is beautiful, you have such talent. And the grandchildren look fabulous, the little ones look adorable in their knitted cardigan and vest.
    I have been re-reading Barbara Pym books that I own over the past month or so, very enjoyable.
    Love the legwarmers.

    Bean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bean! I've started another blanket :) But it's not my talent that makes it beautiful, it's the lovely colours in the yarn!
      The granny squares is so simple, and no sewing up!! :))

      I'm still awaiting on books I've reserved from the library, including the two Little House books I don't have. I'm hoping they will come this week. Then it will be time to move on to something new. I've never read any Barbara Pym. I'm glad you are enjoying her. xx

      Delete
  6. Having received a blanket from you that you crocheted, I can truly say it is your talent that makes them beautiful. You have a great eye for color, and you crochet perfectly, nice even stitches with perfect tension, you are a talented lady :)

    ReplyDelete