Monday, July 29, 2019

Let's start with a coffee...


It's a very good place to start...
 and a browse through the latest Grass Roots mag, who, after years of black and white internal photo content, have gone colour)


Still working on these projects...
Only a few edging rows to go on the crocheted blanket. 
 The 25 blue/green squares are done, just have to sew them up.  
The bright multi coloured squares are for a charity blanket (still about 8 to go on that)



And see this shawl...
 An Instagram page I follow: Making Stories, who design knit patterns, recently asked for submissions for a name for their latest shawl pattern.  I suggested...and they chose my suggestion!

"Soliloquy"

So I win a free copy of the pattern :)

I'm going to make it (even though I have a mental block re circular needles) with the lovely wool yarn Natasha sent me recently from their visit to Quebec City.  But more about that later...



Watching and reading...
Working my way through Unit One, a Danish crime series.

Re-reading The Millennium series.  I read the Larsson books a few years ago, but want to reacquaint myself with the characters and plot so I can read the sequels by David Lagercrantz



And a pic of the Canberra family that couldn't make the recent visit, but maybe at Christmas :)
Jefferson holding Jaya, and Anushka with Rafe



What post would be complete without a river shot...
taken on my walk this morning around 7am


I hope all is well in your world!

xx


4 comments:

  1. I 🧡 those blue / green squares. Please post a photo of the finished blanket.
    Well done you.... what is the meaning of your name of the shawl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soliloquy: an act of speaking one's thoughts aloud when by oneself or regardless of any hearers.

      The word just came to me, then I looked up the meaning, although I had a rough idea what it meant. Will expand of my thoughts re. the name in next post. xx

      Delete
  2. Such a pretty and unusual shawl design, and a name to fit it! I've been feeling the knitting bug lately. Love that last blue and purple photo! (if you were going to say "it's a very fine place to start", you should have begun with "Let's start with a *very strong* coffee" - I'm sure you see what I mean...)
    *or, very hot, or very good, etc. :D Really Lynda, this is your fault for too often coming up with lyric-related blog titles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I was going to write in the post it was for you, but I thought I'd see if you picked up on it :) Obviously I'm going to have to be more 'correct' with my rhyming and timing! :)) xx

      Delete