Friday, August 2, 2019

A Winter's Day


Such a beautiful day today.  Cold (-2C) and frosty early this morning, so I walked after breakfast...


Home for my morning coffee, and while my lamb roast cooked, I mowed the lawns...
 so nice to get out and do a bit of gardening


Of an evening I'm powering through these squares.  Only 6 more to knit...
while I re-watch episodes of Wallander


And my later afternoon walk by the river...
I'm loving the beauty of the soft winter sunlight


Which brings to mind these two quotes I read recently...

"The question is not what you look at, but what you see."
- Henry David Thoreau

"Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us, or we find it not."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson



I hope you can see the beautiful in your life.
xx

5 comments:

  1. The two photos from your walk today, are beautiful. 🧡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don't show the contrast in the light as much as there really was, but still beautiful. xx

      Delete
  2. I see the beautiful in life. Like you I enjoy getting outside each day, some days to walk, some to run, sometimes to garden, other times to mind grandchildren, but always there is beauty to behold in the natural world.

    Bean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...the beauty is there if we have the eyes to see it. xx

      Delete
  3. Oh, love that Emerson quote, especially!

    ReplyDelete