Tuesday, July 17, 2018

When the rain tumbles down in July...

What do you do??? 

You could try...

Bake

Cold Tea Loaf...with variations...


Here's the original recipe:

Cold Tea Loaf

2 cups self raising flour
1 cup sultanas
1 cup sugar
1 cup cold tea


And here's my variations:

flour: 1 cup self raising flour, 1/2 cup almond meal, 1/4 cup rye flour, 1/4 cup spelt flour
fruit: chopped dates, chopped glace ginger, peeled and chopped apple
sugar: instead of 1 cup of sugar, I used 1/2 cup of brown sugar
tea: poured it over the fruit while warm to soften the dates
spices: cardamom and allspice.

Mix all together and bake 180'C/350'F oven for 30-40? minutes, depending on what size tin you use.  The original recipe said a loaf tin, but I used a small baking dish, so it didn't take as long to cook.

Just experiment...that's what I do!

And then enjoy!!



Crochet
 still 'tying up loose ends'



Read




Watch
 re-watch episodes of Northern Exposure



Write
catch up on correspondence



If all else fails, cart in some wood, light the fire, and gaze into the flames...


And hope that it stops raining soon so you can go for a walk!!

xx

4 comments:

  1. Well, that looks like my kind of day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too, except for the fact that it didn't stop raining, so I didn't get my walk. xx

      Delete
  2. Northern Exposure was sure an original program. I remember the finale, how interesting that was, with all the characters jumbled up - was it somebody's dream?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember, and I'm still on Season 1, so it will be awhile till I get there. It's a bit dated, but the characters are still interesting. I particularly like Ed and Chris. xx

      Delete